Campground conditions

Area Camping & Campground information exchange

Campground conditions

Postby THansen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:52 am

I went on rant awhile back about the horrible conditions of the bathrooms at Limestone campground and compared them to the campgrounds in Inyo County, Bishop Creek
The fotos are from a bathroom on a small creek at about elevation 9000 ft. You have to drive down a dirt road to get to this campground. Flush toilets with tile floors and walls. Even a heater. This is not the exception, but the norm.
I cant figure out why the campground along the Kern cant do the same????
I have been staying at Limestone for 20 years. I know folks that have been staying at Limestone much longer. There is no water in the campground and the bathroom facilities are a joke. The fee collectors (camp host from Headquarters) has made comments to me about the terrible conditions of the restroom. I have seen very little maintenance done to Limestone. I dont know of any upgrades. Some of the paved camping/parking areas are declining. The asphalt is literally crumbling away and the parking bumpers have been smashed and are on the verge of becoming firewood. Camping is $15 a day and it is obvious that the fees are no going back into the campground.
I will say that there is no graphitti. Thank GOD
Attachments
bthrm21.JPG
bathrm11.JPG
Last edited by THansen on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THansen

Re: Campground conditions

Postby admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks for the input. We're looking for comments and documented proof of what is wrong here and your post helps. We do see that everything gets to the proper hands. Whether anything improves is another story.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Campground conditions

Postby Sparky75 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:44 pm

Even Headquarters camp ground is not that good........drove around the camp ground last week to see if is well maintained as Willy had it, looks nice but not like Willy had it.
Sparky75

Return to Camping