Goldledge camping 8-19-2011

Area Camping & Campground information exchange

Goldledge camping 8-19-2011

Postby achap001 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 am

Hello,

I will be camping at Goldledge this weekend. Ive been trying to get as much information on the Lion fire and smoke conditions as possible. It sounds like the fire is just about out but that the smokey conditions will remain for sometime. Will we be ok if we are tent camping? Should we bring any type of masks? Also, i was wondering how the fishing was this year? Thanks for any and all help.
achap001

Re: Goldledge camping 8-19-2011

Postby admin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 am

You are a safe distance from the Lion Fire at Goldledge. However, the smoke conditions continue. You will notice the heaviest smoke in the mornings, usually until early afternoon. You make the call on masks. If any in the family have respiratory issues then yes on the masks. I'd pick up some cheap light paper types just to have handy.

Fishing has been great this year, but reports have been up and down lately. They are still stocking and throwing in some of the trophy trout in various locations. Be really careful around the river, especially if you have kids with you. We've had 10 drownings this year.

Weekend crowds have been somewhat light this season, probably due to the economy. Makes for a nice getaway. Have a safe trip and very enjoyable stay. Let us know how you do.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Camping