Site links?

Comment on your experiences while visiting our valley.

Site links?

Postby Gary C. » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Admin,
How come you don't add links to the Canyon Connection and Kern Valley.com to the top of the home page. It seems like it would also be a good idea to put a link to this forum on those sites. The Canyon Connection forum link still takes you to the old forum. I hope that these sites are still being kept up because there is a ton of useful information there.
Gary C.

http://www.kernvalley.com/index.html

http://www.kernvalley.com/news/index.html
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Re: Site links?

Postby admin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 am

We do plan on officially linking to this forum when we transfer the domains over to the new host. The old forum will probably we scrubbed. Unfortunately, the last hack attack wiped out major chunks of posts and tweaked the forum script to what we could salvage and what you see there now. That is why we gave up and finally changed to this setup. We don't like it, but we had no choice if we wanted to preserve the posts people make. By the reduced participation it looks like we were right in our original opinion. We'd take it down altogether but after 14 years of providing the service we're not dropping it even if it gets down to just a few. Take care.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Site links?

Postby Gary C. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Thank's for the reply. I assumed that the sites would get linked eventually, just checking to make sure they weren't forgotten.

I still think that the secured site is a good thing and it will come around. This is always the slowest time of year on the boards. Even the well established sites are slow right now.
Gary C.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Return to Community Comments, Compliments, Complaints & Suggestions