weekend report

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

weekend report

Postby kernriverfisher » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:55 pm

hiked to my favorite spot a few weekends ago, caught of few of these little guys.
Attachments
trout.jpg
trout 2.jpg
kernriverfisher

Re: weekend report

Postby Gary C. » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Nice, was this from the river or one of the smaller streams. I'm always surprised how few browns are caught from the river when some of the creeks have quite a few.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Postby kernriverfisher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:43 pm

one of the streams, im not giving away my spot though hahaha. ive prety much gave up on the river, the streams are more fun and usualy lightly fished
kernriverfisher

Postby Calduke » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Fishing the River is not fishing

Fishing the streams is real fishing.
Calduke

Postby Gary C. » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 pm

I still enjoy the river durring the fall, overcast skys, lonely stretches of water, and cold water trout make for a nice day on the river. In the fall and winter you can still pretend you are far away from it all. The summer months I just get mad, too many drunks, diapers, tubers, rafts, and illegal un-licenced fisherman taking multiple limits. I understand people having a different opinion of what fun is but there is no reason or excuse for abuseing nature and ruinning other peoples good time.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Postby Fishpole » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Well said Gary C
Fishpole

Postby kernriverfisher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:00 pm

garyc hit the nail on the head, these months are the best times to fish the river without interuption from the flat landers. i can paddle my canoe around beaver pond without the visitors casting over my boat
kernriverfisher

Postby admin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 am

If you're coming to the valley this weekend for fishing, hunting or just outdoor R & R. Please check the weather before you leave. We are expecting some share of the Pacific northwest storm coming south. Rain likely, and snow level may drop as low as 4500'. For daily info and latest Hazardous Weather Outlook messages visit our weather page at: http://www.kernvalley.com/news/weather.htm

Sometime the storms just go around us, but better safe and dry than sorry about making the trip. Have a great weekend wherever you are.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Fishing