Crappie

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Crappie

Postby BIRDHUNTER » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Has the Crappie hit started yet? I have heard some rumors which leads me to think they have. Are they in the shallows or are they still indeeper water? I'm thinking about make a trip up this week and getting some slabs ifthey are. I might even try for some trout in the river and the lake. See if I can't get me one of those big alpers. thanks, BIRDHUNTER
BIRDHUNTER

Re: Crappie

Postby Gary C. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm planning to run up in the morning and see for myself, I'll let you.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Re: Crappie

Postby Gary C. » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Got to the lake early but the wind was up pretty bad. There were a few crappie being caught but not by us. The only ones that seemed to be consistant were the guys fishing with minnows. I think that in another few days it should be very good. We didn't fish very long and headed for the river. The flows are over 3,000cfs and very dirty, our hearts just were not into it. We fished a little but made it back to the AV by 4:30.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Return to Fishing