Fairview Fishing

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Fairview Fishing

Postby Pescador » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 am

I'll be up at Fairview this Sunday for four days. Anyone had any much luck with any particular baits? Last time I was up about 5 weeks ago. It was all about salmon eggs. I'm really trying for the monster this time around. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Pescador
AKA Ed
Pescador
Pescador

Re: Fairview Fishing

Postby Pescador » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Made it up last Sunday and left on Thursday. The fishing in front of Fairview does not get much better. I caught fish everyday, no monsters but a few natives. Salmon eggs worked best for me but landed some on a blue Kastmaster. The water is running much slower now and is very fishable. Hope to make it up again next month. Bought a new rod at the James store I want to try.
Only one bothersome thing on this trip. Walked out of my trailer about 5:45 one morning and saw a wild dog hauling a bag of trash through my camp(it was not my trash, I keep a clean camp). It scared the sh%@ out of me. I then heard some racket near the restrooms and saw anothe dog picking up another bag of trash but dropped it and ran off when it saw me. Something needs to be done about the dogs and the trash. I'll notify the forest service.
Tight lines,
Pescador
Pescador
Pescador

Re: Fairview Fishing

Postby Gary C. » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Glad you had a good trip. I know it was hot but I'll bet you are glad you were there before this heat and humidity we are having now. You are so right, loose dogs have no buiseness running the campgrounds.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Return to Fishing