Willow Fire

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Re: Willow Fire

Postby saugusbob » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks.
The older I get, the more things I miss. But i really miss Road's End. Thank God it spared Fairview, otherwise there would be nowhere on the upper river to get some real shade and refreshments. I'll let you know how the trip went.
Gary C. love your bottom quote and I always make sure to read your posts.
saugusbob

Re: Willow Fire

Postby saugusbob » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Sorry about delay in getting this in, but have been having computer problems. Came up on the 10th and stayed at Chemise Flats. There were about half a dozen other campers there all quiet and respectful. Ran into an older guy (about my age), his son and 6 year old grandson who were carrying fishing poles. Asked about their luck and the man said that they had caught five in spite of water conditions and more importanly that his grandson had caught 3 of those. It was his first time fishing, so hopefully he'll be a fisherman for life. As advertised, the water was very dark and running higher than I thought it would be. It also felt very cold for this time of year. Decided against inner-tubing and just hung around. Went up to Brush Creek and down into the unimproved camping area. Didn't recognize the place. The area around the creek was very overgrown with underbrush. Just curious, does the F&G stock the creek? In any case it was a nice quiet weekend and my son, daughter and I along with our three, not too bright, dogs had a good time. Looks like forest service dropped boulders at campsites at Chemise to keep people from parking too far back in the Chapparel or to limit the number of cars per spot.
saugusbob

Previous

Return to Fishing