Water conditions

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Water conditions

Postby BIRDHUNTER » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 pm

I have been thinking of a trip to the kern but, I would like to know if the rivers is clearing up any. I see flows are around 650cfs just don't know how the clearity is. I looked at the stocking schd. but that is determind by conditions. Thanks for any info. BIRDHUNTER
BIRDHUNTER

Re: Water conditions

Postby admin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am

Sorry for response delay. Just received word that river waters have cleared. Stocking has resumed but limited. Expecting strong Alaska winter storm in the area tomorrow, Wednesday Oct. 4. Should be back to normal weather by Friday. Have relatives packed in above Johnsondale bridge that we hope will get out by tonight.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Calduke » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Admin;

Why is stocking limited?
Water is clear, weather is good; fishermen available.
Calduke

Postby armofisherman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 am

So I'm planning a fishing trip this weekend. Wondering how the conditions are lately. Last time I was here the waters were all muddy. Hope it's cleared up and hope fishing is good.
armofisherman

Postby admin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:04 am

Water and stocking is back to normal. Upper Kern is up a little running at about 856 CFS. You can check the flows daily at http://www.kernvalley.com/news/weather.htm Good luck on your trip.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pescador » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

The water is pretty clear about 90 percent. Fishing was just ok this past weekend, only landed about three fish in about four hours of fishing Saturday and Sunday. We didn't really try so hard. Spent a lot of the weekend exploring the surrounding area. The weather could not be better though. Nice time of year to visit the Kern.
Pescador
Pescador

Return to Fishing