River Trail Oct 1-4, 2011

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

River Trail Oct 1-4, 2011

Postby JimStucker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Nature was friendly enough to clear up conditions for our annual backpacking trip up the river trail. The sun was shining, the water was clear, and the river level dropped below 400cfs. It was perfect timing. The fishing was good, not great. The previous two years we have caught about 50-60 fish each; ranging from 5" to 13" on average. This year I caught 12 total trout, landing a nice 15" rainbow. Mind you, I know these are not monster fish, but they are harder to catch than those stock trout that will bite on a peanut butter sandwich. I'm wondering if the extremely high water this summer had anything to do with the low fish count or if it was the fact the the moon phase was not ideal, or maybe both? Regardless, we had a great time. Plus the Brown's seem to be doing well. Between three of us, we caught 6, the largest was 10". Already looking forward to next year. Disclaimer: No, I'm not in any militia, the old camies make for great fishing attire!
Attachments
10in Brown.JPG
15in Rainbow 2011.JPG
JimStucker

Re: River Trail Oct 1-4, 2011

Postby admin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for the post Jim. We don't hear about much Brown activity but it encourages the readers to try the upper pools and streams. Appreciate the catch and release you, Rich and the rest practiced. They'll be even bigger next visit. Mom and I were really glad to see you again. Say hello to the family in New Orleans. See you next trip. Semper Fi.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Fishing