Hello from Montana

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Hello from Montana

Postby willyy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 am

It has been quite awhile since I have posted on the forum. A lot has happened the past few years. My wife Sherrie who some may remember from Headquarters Campground passed away over a year ago. I have since re-married and spend much of my time fishing and camping up here in God's country. Just saying hello to anyone who remembers me. The photo is a big Brown I caught lately in the Missouri. Measured 19" and dressed out over two pounds. Hope everyone is doing fine.
Attachments
brown2.jpg
willyy

Re: Hello from Montana

Postby flyboy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Great to hear from you. Nice catch. We miss your timely and accurate fishing reports on the Kern River.
flyboy

Postby admin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi Willy. Been a long, long time. Miss your input greatly. You wouldn't recognize the valley now. Public lands are handled via management by closure. The UN's Agenda 21 is a working reality here. Boulders blocking trails, lake down to around 71,000 acre feet and still drawing down. Kernville was recently transformed into a "Walkable Community" of so-called improvements. Water cost more than gold and they want to raise it 42%. Same with Electric. Wishing you the best in Montana...save me a spot.
admin
Site Admin

Postby THansen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Willy
I seldom check the site. Glad you are doing well. Work and kids have been keeping me away from the water. I am about to change that.
THansen

Postby Gary C. » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Great to hear from you Willie. Very sorry to hear about your wife. I think that the last time I read anything from you she was not doing well.Also, that is a sweet Brown you got there.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Postby Fishpole » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 pm

The Valley has changed some for the good some makes you wonder. The lake is low due to lack of snow BUT the core says it leaks so they will only allow 368 K acre feet. As of yesterday it's at 70,658. what_EVER
Fishpole

Return to Fishing