Lake Action

Inquiries and answers to the area's most popular pastime.

Lake Action

Postby admin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 am

Still plenty of action on the lake due to trophy trout being dumped there during the Kern river non-stocking fiasco. Saw photos brought to the Courier from E&J's market in Wofford Heights. Two were big trout I haven't seen in a long, long time. One 6 1/2 pounder and the other 6 3/4. No location on the first but the last was taken near Boulder Gulch. The river still has some action but no one knows how long before the non-stocking screws everything up.

A recent report claims the two environmental groups have responded to letters and say they are just waiting for the DFG study to get done. They claim they didn't designate any specific rivers for non-stocking, just a list of the endangered 25. According to them, DFG was the one who came up with the non-stocking location list and gave it to them. We were told differently. Seems DFG keeps digging a deeper hole for us all the time. We are asking for the whole truth but it's not coming at this point in time.

Hit the lake for now and be here April 4,5 and 6th for the Fishing Derby. Prizes have grown big time. This year there will be 10~ $10,000 tagged fish. One $20,000 to celebrate the 20th derby and a bunch of other prizes. See you here!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lake Action

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 pm

You'll see me there, holding that $20,000 trout in my hands! :P
wanapasaki

Return to Fishing