Hunting D8

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Hunting D8

Postby Pescador » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Can anyone tell me where to hunt above the river? I have never hunted D8. Also, do you have to use non lead bullets?
Pescador
Pescador

Re: Hunting D8

Postby Gary C. » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 pm

I did not get up to scout around this year at all so I'm not sure what things are like after the fire. Hunting high and west of Johnsondale would be a good place to start.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Postby Brian R » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:04 am

Yes D8 is a NON LEAD area. You really need to read the regs. But to Gary's point about the deer. They are high right now. Up where it is cooler. Find water and feed and you will find the deer. I have seen quite a few this year. But I am hunting the X10 area. Good luck.
Brian R

Postby Bearclaw » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 pm

I gotta agree with both of these guys. As usual, I will be hunting a little north of Johnsondale...near Ponderosa. But all the deer are high right now. In the past, I haven't really seen them move to the lower elevations until November...out of season, of course. I'll be heading out there for rifle season, but not for the opener. Probably the 2nd week. Good luck man, be sure to let us know if you see/get anything!
Bearclaw

Postby Bearclaw » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 pm

So since the opener was on Saturday......Anybody got any good stories to tell???
Bearclaw

Return to Hunting