Quail Hunting

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Quail Hunting

Postby Pescador » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:29 pm

How about it, does anyone have any successful hunts to share. I have seen alot along the roads. I want to to take a trip up, just for Quail. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Pescador
Pescador
Pescador

Re: Quail Hunting

Postby Brian R » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 am

Did ok on quail on a road down below Tobias. I don't know the number but right before you get to the meadow area you turn off. I had a dog though. I also have a question for you guys out there. Is the Kern River Hunt Club still open? I wanted to try it with my dog this year. Any info on that would be appreciated. I hope that helps you out a little. I think you will see a high concentration of quail in the Kern River Valley after the first snow. They will be pushed down a little and the coveys will grow.
Brian R

Postby BILLTFISH » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Went out Thanksgiving weekend & bagged a few.
didnt see as many as last year
i'm sure just have to cover more ground
Be back up there Christmas with the dog
BILLTFISH

Postby Brian R » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:57 am

Have had excellent success on private land around Kelso. Have seen huge coveys this year. As long as you get out walk and get moving you will get birds. They had an excellent hatch last year. Let's hope for the same.
Brian R

Postby Brian R » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 pm

We gave also been getting chuckar on this land. We better hope for some rain and snow for the up and coming year as it is getting really dry.
Brian R

Return to Hunting