Where are you hunting this year?

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Where are you hunting this year?

Postby Quailhunter » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I am deer hunting in D9 because of lack of rain and snow in X10. I think it will be a challenge but we are hunting private land. We did extremeley well on quail and saw a lot of deer. My area has water all year and no people. What are the rest of you doing? have you scouted? Been up 4 times and seen a lot of deer and sign. Let me know as we got to get this thread going. Thanks
Quailhunter

Re: Where are you hunting this year?

Postby Gary C. » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've got a archery only tag this year so I can hunt most anywhere I want. A buddy is pushing me to go out to D-17 with him but I don't know if I will make it out there or not.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Postby BIRDHUNTER » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:37 pm

I still hunt game birds in ca. but that's all. I now hunt big game in Az. or Wis. Quality and quanity in other states is far better than in Ca. Last time I did a deer hunt in Ca. on public land there were way to many people, not real hunters, for me to deal with. That is the way this state is going. In all fairness I have never hunted Ca. northern part of the State. Might be much better.
BIRDHUNTER

Postby Quailhunter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

I also hunt this area for quail and chuckar. They said there numbers were down according to dfg. But during scouting for deer there are coveys everywhere. Just not as many birds in them. Last year it was not uncommon to see 200 bird coveys. This year I am seeing more coveys but they are smaller. It still lokks like a good year. I have found quite a few bucks in the area I am hunting and we will see how it goes. Usally get an X10 tag but they have 400 hunters. There may be only 15 people deer hunting the property this year. So I am excited this year about evry aspect of hunting. My dogs are ready to go as well.
Quailhunter

Postby Quailhunter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:41 pm

So there is a fire in my area but still a good area. Anybody else hitting D( this year? I am getting a D8 as well. While scouting last weekend saw 3 nice bucks in D8. A good area that looks good. Also saw 18 pigs. I am ready to have some fun. Oh, our quail population is very good as well this year. Saw 60 to 70 coveys. Everywhere up in my area. I can"t wait. What about you?
Quailhunter

Return to Hunting