Dove hunting

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Dove hunting

Postby THansen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Went out to scout my dove spots. Sorry I cant give out the exact location. It is near the Salton Sea.
I was there on Sunday with my daughter and today with my buddy and his son.
Didnt see many birds flying in my normal morning spot. But we walked around and found out why they were flying. The had everything they needed about 150 yards. Food, water and a roost. Walked one vineyard and pushed around a few hundred birds
Drove to another spot that had been replanted last year. It was great last year. Drove around and found a corner in the vineyard that was loaded with white wing. It was ridiculous how many birds there were.
Met up with the foreman and he said no one is allowed to hunt this area because of the damaged to the equipment from the scum bag trespassers. This is private property and they arent letting anyone on (even with written permission) because of the trepassing and damage to the irrigation equipment.
I may have to pull rank and call the property owner. Or I will help kick people out.
There are alot of birds in the coachella valley. Weather isnt too hot and no sign of rain. I am doing my NO RAIN dance. As long as it doesnt rain, the white wing will hang around. I will have to greet them with some #7s on Sept 1
THansen

Re: Dove hunting

Postby Gary C. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Good luck this season.
Have you heard anything about this? I got it off of the JHO site. They said that the final regulations would be approved August 8, 2008.
Gary C.

From Jesse's Hunting Outdoors:

The Department is proposing to provide additional hunting opportunity by removing the bag limit on Spotted doves, Eurasian collared-doves and ringed turtle doves. Removing the bag limit, yet allowing hunting of these species of doves only within the existing dove season, would be consistent with the approach taken by some other states (for example Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi).
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Re: Dove hunting

Postby THansen » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:27 pm

I read the same report. I checked the website several times and havent seen anything posted about a change to the 2008 regulations. It is always tough tough on the hunters to learn the rules. It use another word for the DFG wardons trying to enforce regulations they dont know about.
For the dove season the DFG pulls agents from all over CA to come to the Imperial Valley. Some of these guys come from Nothern counties and dont know all the regulations.
THansen

Return to Hunting