Dove report, 9-6

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Dove report, 9-6

Postby THansen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:12 am

what a difference 5 days make,. I went to what was the best spot in the area 5 days prior. We saw a few birds early which got us excited,but that didnt last long. All the birds would sit in the grapes as soon as possible., Even when flushed the would fly for or too high to allow any safe shooting
My biddy nailed one real quik. I was having gun problems. As I attempted to fix in the field , the cap and spring from the magazine go flying into the dark air. I spotted it and retrieved the spring and plug.
I was finally able to get it to work, but had missed the only 2 birds that had flown within shooting range.
Went to another spot where we could walk the fields and try to jump a few. That didnt help. Did I mention that my sight is bad,. I cant pick up the birds like I used to. Well, couple more shooting opportunites pass by because I cant pickup the birds until the are ontop of me.
Finally nail my first with the help of my buddy and his son> Need those working eyes.
I ended up shooting at 5 birds and bringing home 3. Not a bad percentage, but I would have preferred to shoot more
My buddy nailed 3 as well. He is a pretty good shot and has better vision. He shot at few more shots than I did, but he will also take much longer shots
THansen

Return to Hunting