Meat hog

Meet and exchange hunting information with area sportsmen.

Meat hog

Postby BIRDHUNTER » Sat May 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I just got back from a hog hunt near Bradley and I came back with just what I went for, a nice meat hog. I could have went for a larger sow, maybe 200# but, I chose the smaller boar. He came in at 120#. I took himAt 200 yards using a .30-06 with a barnes 165 gr. TSX boattail round. He went down right in his tracks, which according to the guide is very rare with copper rounds. He said there have been times they had to shoot a hog 3 and 4 times and usually after a chase. One time they had to wait untill the next day because of night fall, then when they found him they had to finish him off with one more round. I was not able to post a pic. I tried from my documents with no luck, sorry. John
BIRDHUNTER

Re: Meat hog

Postby Gary C. » Mon May 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Congrats on a successful hunt, he should be good eating. It's too bad that we can't post pictures on this new forum. It would be a big plus.
Gary C.
"All fisherman are liars except for you and I and sometimes I'm not so sure about you so you better post a picture"
Gary C.

Re: Meat hog

Postby BIRDHUNTER » Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 pm

I just tried one of the backstraps from the hog I got last week, all I have to say is, FANTASTIC. I used teriyaki, fresh garlic, fresh ground pepper and, pan fried it in olive oil. It may well have been one of the best cuts of meat I have ever had. The wife told me I can go hog hunting any time I want, ain't life a use another word?????????????
BIRDHUNTER

Return to Hunting